Saturday, May 4, 2013

Westward Bound


This May marks the beginning of a new adventure for me.  This summer I will be living in Tahoe City, California working at a church with their children's ministry.  To start things off we are going on a road trip out west before I get dropped off in Tahoe. 
 
 
Day One: 
 
Left Atlanta and arrived in Phoenix.  I thought I knew what cactus looked like…you know the little ones in the pots...but goodness this landscape is nothing like I have ever seen.    
 

 We headed north and passed through Sedona where huge rock formations towered above us as we drove along.
 

 
  


Day Two:
Hello Grand Canyon!  My first view of the canyon was so amazing.  My jaw dropped and I was speechless.  It truly is so much more than any words describe or pictures could capture. 



 

Crazy squirrels running around the canyon. 
 




 


 
 
 
Elk
 
 My favorite!
 

 Waiting for sunset. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment