Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies...For Real

 
So, out of all the desserts that I have made, this is by far my favorite.  There is just something so comforting about whipping up a batch of these cookies and I always feel a sense of satisfaction when I am sitting down enjoying them right out of the oven.  I have tried A LOT of different chocolate chip cookie recipes and I have found this one to be the best!  First, I start with the Nestle Toll House Original Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe (found on the back of the chocolate chips bag) and then I make some minor changes of my own.  The secret is using half butter and half Crisco, instead of only butter.  The Crisco really helps the cookies to rise and stay moist.  I know Crisco is not exactly the most health conscious choice, but like Minny from The Help, Crisco is the key to success.  After all, if your going to splurge and enjoy some sweets, you might as well do it right!    
 


Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from the Original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
 Preheat oven to 375° F.
 

Ingredients


2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of unsalted butter(1 stick)
1/2 cup of Crisco 
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs


Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, Crisco, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.

 Bake for 9 to 11 minutes just before they are golden brown.  This helps them remain soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.


My favorite part of the process!  
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 

1 comment: